Words with conflicting meanings
Many English language words have multiple meanings. Several words used to discuss
emotional topics have divergent and even conflicting meanings. Here are some
that are used throughout these WebPages.
1) Positional power, or
- 2) Expertise
- 1) Uninformed on some topic area.
- 2) Not effectively applying all you know and your total mental capacity to
the problem at hand.
- 3) Choosing to ignore relevant and available facts. Avoiding inconvenient
- 4) Contempt for learning. Disparaging knowledge.
- 1) An authentic sense of accomplishment, or
- 2) Hubris—An unjustified and self-centered arrogance
- 1) Genuine worth gained by helping others, or
- 2) Class, snobbery, or image based on a presumption of privilege.